Thursday, April 24, 2008

November 22, 2007 and April 4, 2008 River Dance

Interested in visiting a great bar right on the Hillsborough river in the heart of Tampa? How about a great bar on the river where on any given evening patrons can be found doing an alternative style of pole dancing (sans Joe Redner)? Then this is your place! Now, don't get me wrong...I love Rick's. Great waterfront atmosphere, great service (especially when they are busy...I know, weird), great libations and all of this combined makes the food not so bad. However, during two of my last visits since November 2007, bar-goers (who were not part of my party...I know, also weird) could be found "pole" dancing. Now, you might be thinking, for Tampa, that isn't so weird...until you realize that the poles being used were umbrella poles and electrical poles (how 'bout them splinters?).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Although I disagree with you about the quality of the service, I do enjoy visiting Rick's. People watching at it's finest.