Thursday, May 15, 2008

February 7, 2008 Poobah

As most of you know, I LOVE the fair. I love everything about it. The mullets (check out my very famous, mullet mini-doc/music video here), the deep fried oreos (trust me, I have tried every fried item possible, and this is the only one worth the potential heart attack), the Tilt-a-Whirl, the Shoot Out the Star game, the Hot Wisconsin Cheese, but most importantly the Sideshows. I mean, where else can you see a REAL (but badly decayed) Chupacabra? A highlight of the fair for me is a quick visit to see Pete "Poobah" Terhune, the 78 year old, "fire-eating pygmy". I've been visiting Poobah since I was a kid. He and his buddy Ward Hall are legends at the Florida State Fair and around the country, as they are some of the last remaining, original sideshow performers in America that are still going strong. Cheers, Poobah!
  


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Proof that Poobah is a superstar: that jacket. The government won't let you own a jacket like that without documented awesomeness.