Saturday, August 30, 2008

August 22, 2008 Ideas for my Christmas Gifts Part 1

Many thanks to my dear friend Minny Van Gogh for sharing her "Dr. Phil fathered Lindsey Lohan" National Enquirer with me last week, where I found this delightful little collectible. Meet Monkey Cuddles. Described as... "an adorable doll ready for some tender loving care! You'll find him absolutely irresistible! Before you know it, he will steal your heart away! Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, he's too cute for words with his little banana, curly tail and tiny topknot tied up with strands of genuine mohair. He even wears a real fabric diaper! Treasure him forever or enjoy giving him as lovable collectible to a monkey-lover!" 

Well I'm not really a monkey-lover, per se ( I like to work "per se" in where I can), but a REAL FABRIC DIAPER?!?! Sweet fancy moses...I might need three or four of these.*

*Disclaimer: If you actually buy me one of these, not only will I discontinue my electronic friendship with you on My Face, but I will also remove you from my blog distribution emails, and we will NEVER go to dinner together at Circle K again. Ever.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

I already got your Christmas present:

http://clarkjbrooks.blogspot.com/2008/08/never-too-early-for-christmas-shopping.html

Whether or not you receive it wrapped in a real fabric diaper is yet to be determined.

Kelly said...

I'm just glad I made the top five list...I'm surprised they are even letting each person by five, as classy as those things are...

Unknown said...

I just want to live in a world where the collectibles industry can work together to give us the commemorative item we truly desire and deserve: Silver monkeys in real fabric diapers paying tribute to 9/11. That, or at least a band called that. Is that too much to ask? (wiping away a sungle tear)

Anonymous said...

Why do they have to make fun of the monkey's inadequate genitalia? I mean he is a monkey and can fit in the palm of your hand; it would be weird if he a had a big banana!

Kelly said...

I know! And it's like the huge bananas in the background are just mocking him, poor little thing!

Anonymous said...

What I find really unnerving is that Monkey Cuddles looks a lot like the baby of an acquaintance. I'm thinking of suggesting "Monkey Cuddles the Movie" and they'd already have their star! As for the real fabric diaper, you can't get any more rich in detail than that. The best feature though, the secret vibrating banana.