Friday, May 23, 2008

April 26, 2008 Who Does Number Two Work For?

On my way to Jackson's one evening with Ella Mentry and Lou Tenant, we spotted some graffiti on the side of a building. Vandalism? I think not. And as I am sure you are aware, graffiti is considered by many (including myself) to be an art form, often seen in urban settings and used to convey social and/or political ideas and beliefs. As much as I would like to take credit for the lovely work you see below, I can't. However, I am paralyzed by its simplicity. It's beauty. Its depth of meaning. I think I need a moment... The artist that created this breathtaking work is unfortunately unknown to us. If you would like to see this spectacular, synergistic use of paint and aerosol in person, you may do so at the intersection of Nebraska Ave and E Walton St. in downtown Tampa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This gang problem is getting really messy. Tampa cops need to get in ther and wipe it out or the whole situation is really going to stink.