Friday, May 30, 2008

May 28, 2008 Put a Cork in It

During a recent visit with my friend Eileen Dover (and husband Ben), we were discussing wine (I know, shocking) and how we both like to keep and preserve sentimental wine corks (by writing the date and who the bottle was shared with, etc.). About this time, Eileen says, "I actually keep all of my wine corks. They are all over." and points up to her planter shelf in the kitchen that has several baskets full of corks. "That's cool" I say, as baskets full of corks are a great way to decorate  a kitchen. It screams, "We have had a lot of wine here!", which is good news because that probably means there is some there now. And sure enough, about this time, Ben hands me a glass of wine. Sweet! She goes on to say that she thinks she might actually have OCD when it comes to keeping wine corks...to which I am about to say, "No you don't."...when she shows me this...                                                  

No comments: